Monday, September 5, 2011

Untangle Me From Myself ...

I sit in Your presence crying out for more of You in my life.  As the words come from the depths of my soul I feel the peeling of my heart. Layers of self-sufficiency, ego and self-promotion being pulled away.  The layers are old and have laid deep in the depths of me for too many years and I feel You Lord calling me deeper.  But, to go deeper the dark places of my soul have to be uprooted and replanted.  Some are being uprooted through groans and grasps ... it's hard to catch my breath as I feel the upheaval of my soul.  I cry out STOP and MORE at the same time .... wanting the process to end, yet recognizing the need for the uprooting.  For me to go where You have called me, the ego and self-sufficiency within me must be conquered.  I am nothing without You.  YOU are my strength Jesus.  I can not, will not, move forward without Your presence. As the threads are pulled from my soul I ask You to pull every one.  I must decrease so You can increase.  This is my prayer.

3 comments:

  1. Come on Jesus... I am sure this surgery doesn't feel good now but will later.
    Love you girl~
    Thanks for sharing~
    RG

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are an inspiration!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete